Wednesday 10 October 2012

Autumnal coloured craftings..


Dad's birthday is in October, and he loves autumnal colours. For a long time he's been hinting after a cushion for room he rents when he is away for work. I used a mixture of coloured felt in browns, oranges, reds and yellows and some printed cotton pieces - the first time I've mixed felt and cotton.

Here's one side;


And here's the other;


I also had another go at using the embroidered letters setting on my machine - this time using the smallest, fanciest stitch. It worked quite well  - except for the 'from' - I don't think I was pulling the material through the machine fast enough.


After I'd sent it, I remembered that last year I made an autumnally coloured gift for Dad too - a card of leaves in pastels;



No comments:

Post a Comment