Saturday 1 February 2014

Using Pebeo Prisme Fantasy Paints

Last year, Natasha Judd gave me some bits of kit to have a go with. They were all from the London Jewellery Supplies store that she (and more recently, I) have been doing some work for.

I've never used Pebeo Paints before. They're fascinating things. You add them to the surface with a pipette and, as they dry, they create fantastic patterns and swirls. Then you drop resin over the top to round the surface and keep it protected.


As you can see from the picture - I had a bracelet and earring moulds - but I was enjoying myself so much I added it to the top of old clean Lush pots as well (Lush pots are great for decorating - here I do it with buttons and beads). They've got a nice rim around the top of their lids which makes it perfect for this kind of paint. I mixed blue and turquoise paint in different ways to add to the effect (it was all a bit of an experiment!).

After these had dried for 48 hours, I added the resin to the top.


I tried adding glitter to one lid. It was too much. I went too far! 

I put moisturiser in the pots and used them as Christmas presents. I presented the bracelet on a piece of card.


I gave this to my sister in law along with some earrings, a pot of moisturiser and other goodies in a Christmas box.





No comments:

Post a Comment